PET SALES/ HEALTH GUARANTEE
* * * IT IS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY TO READ CONTRACT * * *
DEPOSITS/PAYMENTS ARE NON REFUNDABLE! All DEPOSITS/PAYMENTS are held and retained for Liquidated Damages if the buyer changes their mind. Once a deposit/payment is placed on a kitten I no longer spend time on advertising the requested kitten and I consider that kitten SOLD. I no longer offer the kitten to any other potential adopter.
I will however allow a deposit to be transferred to another kitten if mind is changed within the same litter if one is still available. Seller assumes no responsibility or liability of the feline once it has left the premises of Cats for Sale Ltd and is in possession by the Buyer or Buyer's agent, other than as covered in this agreement.
SIX MONTH HEALTH CONTRACT GUARANTEE
This Guarantee applies only for Six months from the date of birth of kitten To make this contract valid, the Buyer understands and agrees to THREE BUSINESS DAYS from the date of sale to take your new kitten/cat, to a Licensed Veterinarian of your choice at your personal expense for a full check up. If you fail to have the cat/kitten inspected by a certified Veterinarian within 3 working days from the date of pick up/purchase of the feline VOIDS ANY AND ALL HEALTH GUARANTEES.
The purchaser accepts full responsibility for this feline and agrees to properly care for its welfare. It is also understood that this is a live animal and is not to be considered to be a perfect creature by any definition. If said cat/kitten is found to be medically deficient, with an UNTREATABLE or LIFE- THREATENING problem, such problem must be reported to SELLER/BREEDER IMMEDIATELY WITHIN 48 HOURS of receiving written notice from your certified veterinarian. If said veterinarian certifies that the kitten/ cat is medically deficient with an untreatable or life threatening condition, then your kitten/cat MUST BE RETURNED TO DUNN KITTEN'S IMMEDIATELY, with written documentation from your licensed veterinarian. The kitten will be replaced with another feline of EQUAL VALUE. If your kitten is returned and no replacement is available at the time of return, Cats for Sale Ltd 'S will have 9 months to furnish a replacement, if the replacement is offered and DECLINED by the buyer then BUYER FORFEITS any future replacements, and any and all payments WILL BE NON-REFUNDABLE.
** Once a DEPOSIT/PAYMENT is placed on a kitten/cat and the animal still RESIDES IN OUR HOME and an unfortunate accident or death occurs your deposit/payments will be TRANSFERRED over to another kitten of your choice IF ONE IS AVAILABLE. If no kittens are available then your deposit/payments will be HELD until another kitten becomes available.
** NO REFUNDS! **
REFUNDS ARE ONLY GRANTED IF CATS FOR SALE LTD'S IS NO LONGER BREEDING.
- If kitten should die from a genetic defect commonly known as a Birth Defect, within 6 months from the date of birth of kitten/cat. Cats for Sale Ltd will replace with a kitten that Cats for Sale Ltd deems to be of equal value and quality as soon as one becomes available, but only with a proper veterinarian written report. A written detailed necropsy report from a licensed vet as proof of death from a defect will be required to be provided by the Purchaser to Cats for Sale Ltd, at the Purchaser's cost. The seller is not responsible for any costs incurred in maintaining the health of the kitten. This is including all minor problems that could occur from the stress of the trip.
- Under NO circumstances will this kitten/cat will be allowed to roam outdoors.
- Cats for Sale Ltd does not guarantee against treatable nuisances such as upper respiratory infection, fungus, mites, or fleas, which are not life threatening. A minor upper respiratory infection or fungus can occur as a result of the stress of being relocated into a new home.
- Under no circumstances will this kitten/cat or its descendents be sold to or given to any pet shop, laboratory, or similar facility.
- Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THIS CAT/KITTEN BE DECLAWED!
- Unless purchased will FULL BREEDING RIGHTS, buyer agrees to neuter/spay the kitten between 5 and 8 months of age, kitten is never to be bred, unless purchased with FULL BREEDING RIGHTS/ONLYto be used within your own cattery solely.
- If for any reason the purchaser cannot keep the kitten/cat for any reason, the cat/kitten must be returned to the seller. If the kitten is ever returned back or surrendered back to the seller for any reason, once returned to Cats for Sale Ltd, no refunds will be given to purchaser.
- Cats for Sale Ltd is not responsible for any shipping fees incurred for returned kittens should a replacement be given.
- Purchaser assumes full responsibility for this cat/kitten upon leaving Cats for Sale Ltd 's premises. Cats for Sale Ltd is not responsible for any vet costs or expenses incurred by purchaser.
- Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A CASH REFUND BE GIVEN AT ANY POINT.We are a small HOBBY CATTERYand we breed for the love of the breed. There is no guarantee given on future health, show achievements, or show ability of a kitten.
This contract with Cats for Sale Ltd is legally binding once a deposit has been placed for a cat/kitten. Buyer agrees to all terms of this contract once a deposit is placed with no exceptions. A signed copy can be given only upon request. This contract is legally binding to all parties involved. It only applies to the buyer and Cats for Sale Ltd in this transaction and is non-transferable to other parties.
Cats for Sale ltd is a PKD1, FIV, and FeLV free cattery. To the best of Seller's knowledge, the above-described kitten is the progeny of animals that are healthy. This Health Guarantee is for a congenital defect which is more commonly known as a birth defect. Most are present at or near birth. Seller guarantees the above-described kitten against life-threatening congenital defect until this kitten is five (5) years old. This is a limited guarantee, and the Seller must be notified, in writing, when the congenital defect is first detected. This Health Guarantee is unenforceable five (5) years from the the date of this contract is signed. Congenital defects are limited to the following: Polycystic kidney disorder (PKD1), cardiomyopathy, entropion, cataracts (cataracts may undergo spontaneous resumption within the first year [i.e., disappear]; if not, and if the retina is working, surgery may be needed.), degeneration of the retina, cleft palates and cleft lips, megaesophagus, portosystemic shunt (liver), patent ductus arteriosus (PDA), seborrhea oleosa, amyloidosis, and mucopolysaccharidosis. If a claim for any of the above-referenced congenital defects is made, written verification (on company letterhead) from a qualified, licensed veterinarian must be provided to Seller with a description of the kitten's congenital defect and their opinion as to the seriousness of the defect. Seller reserves the right to have the kitten re-inspected by their veterinarian for confirmation of the defect before replacing the kitten. In this event, the kitten will be replaced with a comparable replacement when one becomes available. Comparable replacement will be of age, sex and color. Buyer is solely responsible for any delivery related expenses. The kitten described in this Health Guarantee does not have to be deceased nor returned to Seller so that Buyer can make a claim for a congenital defect and receive a replacement kitten.
- Cats for Sale ltd will replace any kitten that dies from FIP within three (3) months from the date of this Health Guarantee, ONLY upon receipt of the appropriate necropsy report. If a kitten dies from FIP more than one hundred eighty (180) days (but less than one year from the date of this Health Guarantee, a substantial discount will be offered on a new kitten.
- Return Policy, Health Guarantee and Health Guarantee - Exceptions. If the above-described kitten is taken to a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of delivery (excluding weekends or holidays), and is found to have a serious health problem that will affect the life span or life enjoyment of the kitten, Seller will offer an exchange for the above-described kitten with a kitten of equal quality from the first available litter born or if there is a kitten not spoken for in any of the litters still held at Seller's home. Buyer is solely responsible for all expenses related to the return of the kitten to Seller, and Buyer must execute any and all necessary paperwork to convey all interest in said kitten back to Seller. Further, if Buyer accepts a replacement kitten, Buyer is solely responsible for all delivery expenses.
- If the above-described kitten is discovered to suffer from a mild congenital defect unknown at the time of sale, which does not affect its lifetime or quality of life, there will be no compensation, refund, exchange, or return of the kitten.
- If the kitten suffers from any congenital defect as outlined in paragraph 11, above, and no replacement is available at that time, Seller reserves the right to furnish a replacement kitten on an availability basis ONLY with a kitten of similar quality. If a kitten of equal quality to the above-described kitten cannot be made within one (1) year of the date Seller is notified by Buyer of such defect, then Buyer agrees to accept a replacement kitten of any age, color, and sex. If not, Buyer will lose all interest, monies, and replacement options and will relinquish all rights to a replacement kitten. A new Agreement will be signed on the replacement kitten. **NOTE** Seller reserves the right to have a second opinion provided by a veterinarian of her choice, at her cost.
- If Buyer chooses, as outlined in Paragraph 11, above, the above-described kitten can only be returned to Seller up to one (1) year from the date this Health Guarantee is signed.
- No cash refunds will be made for a dead kitten. A replacement kitten will be made, only if a qualified, licensed veterinarian, trained in such procedures, performs a necropsy and such report is provided to Seller, stating that the above-described kitten died of a fatal congenital defect (as outlined in paragraph 11, above), and was untreatable.
- Failure to have the kitten inspected by a certified veterinarian, within 72 hours (3 business days) of acceptance of the above-described kitten voids any and all agreements.
- If the kitten is being delivered by a private courier, this Health Guarantee does not cover fleas, ear mites or fungus, since these can be acquired in route to Buyer's home and, in particular, Ringworm (fungus) spores are everywhere in the environment.
- Buyer understands and agrees that he/she will remain solely responsible for any costs incurred in returning the cat to Seller, as well as all of the costs incurred in any veterinary examination.
- Buyer understands and agrees that he/she assumes all responsibility for the above-described kitten from when Buyer receives this kitten.
- Buyer understands and agrees that the five (5) year Agreement does not cover any condition stemming from the Buyer's neglect, illnesses, or accidents, that the kitten came in contact with while in the Buyer's care, including, but not limited to, blood transfusions, vaccination reactions, and death due to surgical procedures, including mishaps occurring during delivery.
- Buyer understands and agrees that the five (5) year guarantee only applies to the original Buyer, named on page one of this Agreement. Buyer understands and agrees that the kitten must be under the regular care of a veterinarian.
- Health Record. The above-described kitten has had age appropriate vaccination(s) and preventative worming(s), which have been documented in the health record book provided to Buyer. Seller is not responsible for parasites or disease that this kitten may contract through transportation from Cats for Sale ltd to the Buyer's home.
- Care of This Kitten. Buyer agrees that he/she is not acting as an agent in the purchase of this kitten; and, the kitten will reside at the home of the Buyer, it will not be allowed to be an outdoor cat, and will be provided with a proper diet.
- Buyer agrees to continue feeding this kitten Life's Abundance products (i.e., dry cat food, canned food, and daily supplements) for the life of this kitten. If Buyer fails to continue using Life's Abundance food and supplement on a daily basis, the Health Guarantee is null and void.
- Buyer understands and agrees that under NOcircumstances will the above-described kitten be sold, given away, traded, leased or donated to any pet store, humane society, SPCA, shelter, research laboratory or any similar facility, without Seller being given right to purchase the above-referenced kitten for the sum of $1.00 (One Dollar). Any person who improperly receives the above-referenced kitten does so subject to the right of Seller to claim the above-referenced kitten or cat.
- Buyer agrees to provide necessary vaccinations and adequate health care including proper tooth care for the life of this kitten. Yearly check-ups and booster vaccinations (including rabies, if required by your veterinarian, local or state laws) are required and should be brought up-to-date on the health record provided to Buyer at the time of purchase.
- Any Kitten vaccinated for FIP or FIV voids all Agreements.
- Seller strongly advises against the FeLV (feline leukemia) vaccination. However, if the Buyer's veterinarian INSISTS upon such vaccination; the veterinarian MUST ONLY use the Merial PureVax FeLV vaccine. If any other brand of FeLV vaccine is used, this contract is null and void.
iii. If Buyer's veterinarian wants to "re-vaccinate" a kitten despite what the kitten's Health Record reflects as vaccinations it has already had, this Health Guarantee is null and void. Re-vaccinating a kitten can cause death and other health issues can occur.
- Buyer agrees to keep the kitten in a safe environment and not allow this kitten to run at large under any circumstances, and under no circumstances. This kitten is to be an "indoor ONLY" pet. Under no circumstances will Buyer allow any children, child or adult to harass or mistreat the above-described kitten.
- Buyer understands and agrees that after the delivery date herein of the above-described kitten, Seller is not responsible for any veterinary or other professional bills or costs incurred on behalf of said kitten. Buyer further understands that if there is a question as to whether the kitten requires medical attention, a veterinarian will be contacted, the problem explained to said veterinarian and, any advice that veterinarian gives to Buyer will be immediately acted upon to ensure the health and well-being of this kitten.
- Use. Buyer understands and agrees that the above-described kitten was purchased as a Pet Quality animal, and not a Show Quality animal. A pet-quality kitten may have one or more faults (including those in the CFA cat standard) which do not diminish its value as a pet and companion. Further, Buyer understands and agrees that by acceptance of this kitten that this is intended to be a permanent placement for said kitten.